Wednesday, March 16, 2011

(Delayed) Breaking News: Flavia Still Waiting to Accept Starbucks’ Rose

Starbucks announced that it will soon provide its branded “super-premium” coffees for the Keurig instant coffee brewers. Flavia, meanwhile, is waiting for her prom date to arrive.

“Today’s announcement is a win for Starbucks, a win for GMCR and most importantly a win for consumers who want to enjoy Starbucks coffee with the Keurig Single-Cup Brewing system,” said Howard Schultz, president, ceo and chairman, Starbucks Corporation. “Our research shows that more than 80 percent of current Starbucks, customers in the U.S. do not yet own a single-cup brewer and our relationship will enable Starbucks customers to enjoy perfectly brewed Starbucks® coffee at home, one quality cup at a time.”

Full article here.

I wonder if I automatically prefer Keurig’s instant coffee system rather than Flavia’s simply because I’ve been drinking Flavia for almost five years and have only sampled Keurig’s nectar a handful of times. When you’ve been eating Honey Smacks (Editor’s note: it’s the most disgusting “popular” cereal on the market) for 4.5 years, of course you’re going to love Corn Pops, especially if life throws you a bone and you get to eat Corn Pops about once a year.

For all of you with access to Keurig brewers, congratulations. I think a tear just dropped into my House Blend with French Vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment