If there’s a Flavia combination that is at the top of my list, Ethiopian blend with hazelnut creamer is not at the top. But, shockingly, it’s near the top.
I was informed by my fellow coworker yesterday that one of the bosses at my workplace enjoys the Ethiopian blend the most. I immediately laughed after hearing this information even though, technically, the boss has probably been drinking Flavia for about a decade longer than I have.
I decided to add hazelnut creamer to this blend since it’s the last of the “Big Three” flavored creamers we have (on a consistent basis – more on this in another post) at our office. At first, the hazelnut creamer completely overruns the aroma that ascends from the coffee, but it gradually dissipates and blends into nothing more than a subtle hint. It becomes an innuendo, if you will, of hazelnut.
The first sip is actually quite pleasant, which is always something nice as I am forced to recall my recent disastrous experience with the Sumatra blend. Expecting the taste to degenerate rapidly, I’m actually shocked that the subtle flavors have maintained so well after the third and fourth sip. What makes this a decent combination is that there isn’t that harsh/chemical aftertaste that usually accompanies these instant coffee blends. I keep waiting for it to appear, but it hasn’t come yet.
Now I’m thinking to myself “I have no idea what actual coffee from Ethiopia tastes like, but this isn’t half as bad as I initially imagined.” Of course, this coffee has done nothing to make me want to travel to Ethiopia to find out, but I don’t really expect that from any coffee I drink.
After finishing half of the coffee, I’m surprised that I haven’t had the urge to vomit or drink toilet water.
For me, the sign of a good instant coffee at the workplace is when I reach down to grab my cup and realize that I’ve got only enough for one last sip – and feel genuinely disappointed that there isn’t any more left. I haven’t quite felt this way with the Ethiopian-hazelnut blend but it’s close. I must admit that this combination will definitely squeeze its way into the weekly rotation – until someone makes fun of me and I backtrack from everything I’ve written just now.
Recommendation: I’d give this one a shot and see if it makes your instant coffee rotation.
No comments:
Post a Comment