Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flavia Combo: Hazelnut with Irish Crème

Let me start by saying that I used to drink this combination on a daily basis for about one full year. I believe addicts call this point in their lives “Rock Bottom.”

After brewing this beast and adding the creamer to your cup the first thing you’ll notice is the pungent smell of dirty socks. That’s the Irish Crème working its magic. [Check out that picture - the Irish Crème has already worked itself out of that seal and is intent on destroying everything in its path.]

I’m not even sure why I bother adding Irish Crème, since it really doesn’t matter what flavor of coffee you’re brewing, it’s all going to taste exactly the same – horrendous. When I was hitting rock bottom, I think my reasoning was something along the line of:

Well, I can’t go with French vanilla creamer since that’s just too weak. And I can’t add hazelnut creamer to a hazelnut coffee since that’ll be overkill. And I refuse to add straight cream to this coffee since there’s an abundance of free flavored creamers right in front of my face. [Editor’s explanation: Would you rather pay full price for a box of Cheerios or half price for a box of Honey Nut Cheerios. I rest my case.] So, let’s give this Irish Crème a whirl.

Recommendation: This combination is suitable for office workers who believe that smelling something awful while sipping something hot & awful will wake them up in the morning.

Helpful Hint: Have a very large mug of water right next to your coffee since your mouth will be parched after having 2-3 sips. After drinking half of this coffee combination, you’ll have a strong desire to run into your office kitchen, turn on the kitchen faucet, and start gulping down whatever comes out.

Warning: This combination will make you dizzy and you will experience a shortness of breath when you’re about 3/4 of the way finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment