Thursday, March 3, 2011

Flavia Combo: House Blend with Half and Half


"I don't always drink Flavia, but when I do, I prefer house blend."


Okay, that first part about not always drinking flavia isn't true. I would say that I've had at least one flavia coffee pretty much every day at work for the past 16 months. The house blend has easily become my "go to" drink but I can't really tell you when or why it became the default choice. For some reason it just seems like the standard flavor while the others are there to provide occasional reprieve.

After being in the house blend routine for a while I eventually noticed how it is described on the packet: "medium roast, rich & fruity". Fruity? I mean, we all know those descriptions are BS, but for a minute that particular adjective became the source of a few jokes along the lines of the old adage "you are what you eat" (or drink in this case). Laugh it up, guys. You're the ones drinking hazelnut/irish cream .

For me, house blend has locked down the title for my preferred drink here in the office. I typically take it with some "half & half". I had to put that in quotes because I still don't understand how an actual dairy product can have that long a shelf life and not require refrigeration. More on that later.

Despite its versatility, there are simply some occasions where house blend will not cut it. This is undoubtedly due to the fact that its strength rating is only 3 out of 7. For those early mornings that follow late nights, or those afternoons that follow a coma-inducing lunch, a 3 is simply not going to get the job done. But hey, nobody's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment